This year Small Business Saturday is November 26, 2022! The day is dedicated to supporting and buying from small local businesses. It’s become a holiday shopping tradition over the past twelve years and continues to grow in both sales and participation. But it takes preparation to make the best of the day! Below you’ll find resources that provide suggestions for getting involved and for supporting small businesses!
Ways to Participate
Join In The Fun:
- Get free Small Business Saturday marketing materials - including sample posters and social media resources
- Go the extra mile and become a neighborhood champion for your town: Neighborhood Champions – Shop Small® – American Express
- How to Market for Small Business Saturday (sba.gov)
- Small Business Saturday 2022: Get Ready with These Ideas (constantcontact.com)
- Make an appointment with your SBDC advisor to brainstorm ways to participate!
Find participating small businesses in your area
Additional Ways to Support Small Businesses:
- Leave a positive review for your favorite small businesses
- Post a shout-out to small businesses on social or share their posts
- Tell your friends and family about the small businesses you love
- Avoid Black Friday and shop locally instead
- Buy gift cards for later